World Environment Day is observed on 5th June every year all over the world to make commitment for the cause of maintaining green environment. At global and national levels lot of activities are organized to let people know about the significance of this day.
The WED 2016 campaign aims to raise awareness of the far-reaching nature of wildlife crime and – with the slogan “Go Wild for Life” – encourages people to change their habits to reduce demand for illegal wildlife products, and to press friends, colleagues and officials to do what they can to stop the trade.
Over the years World Environment Day has grown to be a broad, global platform for public outreach that is widely celebrated by stakeholders in over 100 countries. Here I give you top 10 ideas to celebrate World Environment Day without much ado and just by taking care of your surrounding environment by yourself.
1) With every message through mobile write a tag line reminding others about World Environment Day. #WED2016 GoWildforLife
2) In lunch time talk with colleagues about the day and motivate them to take care of environment.
3) Make a promise to protect environment and paste it on notice board for others to follow.
4) If you are boss, send a general request letter to all employees to take care of environment.
5) On phone call after salutation also remind the caller about the day.
6) Write on your friends’ wall on Facebook about this day #WED2016
7) Make a poster and paste it on your timeline #WED2016
8) Develop ten small green slogans and share them on Twitter #WED2016
9) Whatever you read on internet about this day share it on all your social media account #WED2016
10) Search green groups on social media and share with them your concerns on environmental issues and animal protection.
Whoever you are, and wherever you live, show zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife in the world and make a difference.