The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine. I put together a list of things you can do to excel your career, make more money, save more money, and be all around productive.
1. Brainstorm ways to turn your favourite hobby into a business. Then, do market research i.e ask around to see if there’s a need for your idea. (If you don’t know how to start your biz, here are a few ways to build your business)
2. Write your dream business plan and make a checklist of tasks you need to complete to put your dream business plan into action. Learn from other inspiring person who has been through start up process like Mia McCarthy.
3. Delete every embarrassing photo of yourself on social media to prevent a future employer or client from finding it.
4. Locate and follow blogs that are relevant to your hobbies, future goals, business, or aspirations.
5. Print out flyers of your side business and tack them to every community board in your neighbourhood.
6. Google your name to see what your first online impression is. (If you use Gmail for your email provider, log out of your account to see what the public sees.)
7. Sign up for Elance, Odesk, and other freelancing sites to offer a service for side cash.
8. Write down personal and professional goals for the week, month, and year.
9. Think of where you want to be in 5 years and write down intentional steps on getting there.
10. Make a vision board.
Want more tips from inspiring women to build your own business? Try these posts…
11. Increase your social media strength.
12. Find all the top influencers in your field and follow them on their social media.
13. Set up job alert notifications from your favourite job boards.
14. E-mail old friends, roommates, classmates, family members, and acquaintances to catch up. If you’re job hunting, update them on your professional history and tell them you’re looking around for new opportunities.
15. Read an e-book from one of the influences in your field.
16. Update your resume and cover letter.
17. Look up conventions or trade shows coming to your area.
18. Sign up for free networking community.
19. Put together a brag book or portfolio that includes all of your achievements for interviews.
20. Reach out to old colleagues and managers for recommendations to have on hand.
21. Set up Google alerts for news on an industry or thought leader you want to learn more about.
22. Read trending case studies in your field.
23. Scan the gig section on Craigslist for side jobs to make extra cash.